Bakers create the beautiful food pairings offered in each of Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters cafes by preparing, baking, and finishing each piece with diligence and care to make it eye-catching and delicious to the customer’s palate.
PART TIME position available at our Arvada location.
COMPENSATION: Starting Wage $13-14/hr + Guaranteed $5/hr Minimum Tip Share and accelerated wage increases.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our selection decisions are made based on job requirements and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We do not tolerate the use of offensive language, slurs, jokes, discriminatory words or actions, unsolicited sexual advances, sexual harassment, or any language or behavior that creates a hostile work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Self starter who can begin the bake off promptly each morning
- Use of time management to bake and prepare the days pastries to ensure things are packaged and ready for pick up/delivery
- Ability to work with team and communicate baking, packaging, and quantity
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Tasks include baking quick breads, preparing batters and doughs, repetitive production of large quantity items, rolling doughs, glazing and finishing pastries neatly
- Responsible for ingredient accuracy
- Clear and timely communication with the Bakery Manager on needs, supplies, etc.
- Sanitize work space before and after work day
- Additional duties as necessary
- Pass & maintain Colorado Food Handlers license
- Basic math skills and the ability to read a ruler
- Understanding of basic nutrition and baking components
- General understand of kitchen appliances and equipment
- Passion and excitement for Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters mission, and vision, and the craft coffee industry as a whole
- Must have integrity and act with kindness and respect
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion for each aspect of your work.
- Present yourself with a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency toward serving our guests and staff.
- Take initiative with daily tasks.
- Communicate promptly, effectively, and honestly.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Be creative and logical in problem-solving. Utilize available resources to fill a need.
- Take initiative in the further development of Sweet Bloom, continually striving to maintain healthy and effective relationships with other staff.
- Demonstrate ability to work efficiently and calmly in high-stress and demanding environments.
- Give and receive feedback using constructive methods.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, to cut, handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee will spend up to 10 hours standing; walking; bending; stooping and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- The noise level and temperature fluctuates with equipment use and outside weather.