In our cafes baristas are the face of Sweet Bloom. As a barista we will empower you with world class education and professional development. Our baristas strive to be the best in the world as they are experts in every aspect of coffee, hospitality and service. Our team is filled with people who care deeply about our community, our world, and seek to bring beauty into every interaction.
PART TIME position available at our Lakewood location.
COMPENSATION: Starting Wage $13.50/hr + Guaranteed $7/hr Minimum Tip Share and accelerated wage increases.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our selection decisions are made based on job requirements and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We do not tolerate the use of offensive language, slurs, jokes, discriminatory words or actions, unsolicited sexual advances, sexual harassment, or any language or behavior that creates a hostile work environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion for each aspect of your work.
- Present yourself with a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency toward serving our guests and staff.
- Take initiative with daily tasks.
- Maintain a collected and pleasant demeanor during periods of high volume.
- Communicate promptly, effectively, and honestly.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Be creative and logical in problem solving. Utilize available resources to fill a need.
- Take initiative in the further development of Sweet Bloom, continually striving to maintain healthy and effective relationships with staff and guests.
- Demonstrate ability to work efficiently and calmly in high stress and demanding environments.
- Give and receive feedback using constructive methods.
- Show strong cash handling skills.
- Greet customers with a genuine and warm welcome. Use eye contact and a smile when speaking with a guest.
- Offer answers to questions and concerns with patience, confidence and professionalism.
- Prepare food and drinks in an expedited manner.
- Offer sincere thanks to our guests upon completion of their visit.
- Always strive to show genuine concern to guests.
- Engage with customers about their preferences and offer suggestions accordingly.
- Offer accessible dialogue with guests in regards to current coffee, tea, and food offerings as well as food pairings, special releases, and merchandise.
- Handle any complaints and issues. Listen to the guests with patience and understanding.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Employees are frequently required to stand for long periods of time, crouch, kneel, walk, reach and twist.
- Employees are expected to use a keyboard or touchscreen device.
- Employees are occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally employees may be required to work more than 40 hours in a week to complete the required work.
- The work environment is a retail environment directly interacting with customers and the general public.
- The work atmosphere is moderately paced with regular occurrences of times of heavy customer volume and work demand.
- Noise levels are generally moderate with regular occurrences of moderate to high volume.