Production Assistant Job Description:
Location: Sweet Bloom Roastery in Lakewood, CO
Reports to: Sr. Production Assistant
Compensation: starting at $13/hour + tips
Monday - Thursday from 7 am - completion of the day’s production (25-32 hours/week). Days and hours are not flexible.
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Health Benefits for Full time employees
Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters is looking for a hard-working professional to join our production team as a production assistant. The production assistant is responsible for the efficient packaging and shipping of coffee orders as a part of the Sweet Bloom production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within production schedule to ensure order timeliness
- Tasks include but are not limited to labeling, bagging,packaging, shipping, receiving, inventory counting, and cleaning
- Responsible for order accuracy
- Packages coffee
- Ongoing operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Clear and timely communication with the Sr. Production Assistant regarding needs, shortages, etc.
- Additional duties as necessary
- Passion and excitement for Sweet Bloom Coffee Roasters mission, and vision, and the craft coffee industry as a whole
- Must have integrity and act with kindness and respect
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion for each aspect of your work.
- Present yourself with a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency toward serving our guests and staff.
- Take initiative with daily tasks.
- Communicate promptly, effectively, and honestly.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Be creative and logical in problem solving. Utilize available resources to fill a need.
- Take initiative in the further development of Sweet Bloom, continually striving to maintain healthy and effective relationships with other staff.
- Demonstrate ability to work efficiently and calmly in high stress and demanding environments.
- Give and receive feedback using constructive methods.
Physical Demands and Work Environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee will spend up to 10 hours standing; walking; sitting; bending; stooping and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and on occasion up to 70 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level fluctuates with roasting activity, and temperature in the work environment fluctuates with the seasons.